Our First Featured Building: Stahl Building
The historic Stahl building is located in the center of Athena, and has always been a hub of commerce for our little town until its most recent owner, PGG, closed it in 2014. The building was originally built by Mrs. J.H. Stahl in 1904. In 1918, it was occupied by the Watts and Rogers Hardware story, which was later changed to Rogers and Goodman. In 1956, PGG purchased the building where it served Athena's residents as an agricultural and hardware center until its closing in 2014. In 2017, the Athena Main street Association obtained a number of grants to be able to purchase the building. This dedicated group has recently obtained a very large grant to continue renovations on the building which will be starting this summer.