Here is a listing of frequently asked question from our citizens:
Who do I call for utility services?
- Water/Sewer – City of Athena
- Electricity – Pacific Power & Light
- Natural Gas – Cascade Natural Gas
- Garbage – Humbert Refuse & Recycling
- Television – Citizens Free Digital Antenna, Dish Network, Direct TV (No cable available in Athena)
- Telephone – Centurylink
Is there a library in the City of Athena?
Yes….The library is located at 418 E. Main St. Telephone #541‐566‐2470
What is the population of Athena ?
1125 as of 2017
Is the mail delivered directly to our homes?
Some areas of town have home delivery. Please contact the Athena Post Office for verification for your home.
What schools are available in Athena?
- ABC Day Care (Preschool) – ages 3‐5
- Athena/Weston Elementary K‐3 (Athena)
- Athena/Weston Middle School 4‐8 (Weston)
- Weston McEwen High School 9‐12 (Athena)
What churches are available in Athena?
- Athena Baptist Church
- Sacred Heart Catholic Church
- Athena Christian Church
- Seventh‐Day Adventist Church
Is there housing available for retired citizens?
Yes…Sunset Senior Housing is a 10 unit facility for qualified seniors.
What kind of businesses does Athena have?
- 2 Restaurants
- Grocery Store/Liquor Store
- Mini Mart
- Hardware Store
- Second Hand Store
- Beauty Shops / Tanning
- Quilt Shop
- Auto Body
- 2 Auto Repair
- Volunteer Fire Department
- Health District
- Insurance Company
- Accounting/Tax Preparation
- 2 Gas Stations
- Chemical Company
- Muffler Shop
- Tarp s – New & Repair
- Numerous Construction Businesses
- Numerous Home Based Businesses
Where is the nearest Hospital?
Medical Facilities are available in Pendleton, OR and Walla Walla Washington
What are the recreational possibilities for this area?
- Swimming Pool
- Skate Park
- Mountain Recreation – 30 minutes
- Wildhorse Casino – 20 minutes
- Children’s Museum – 30 minutes
Please let us know if you would like other information listed here that would be helpful.